Month: May 2017
Health Promotion week 2017
Health Promotion week took place in Coláiste Muire from Monday 15th to Friday 19th May. Here are some of the highlights
- First year students went on a fun walk
- Transition Year students attended a presentation themed” Your Health Your Choice” by the Maire Keating foundation. The key areas of the talk were giving up smoking, eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight, exercise, avoiding exposure to the sun and sunbeds, reducing alcohol consumption
- Healthy breakfasts in the morning for staff and students
- Beat the Blues talk for fifth year students dealing with issues relating to Good Mental Health
- Internet Safety Talk for all First Year and Second Year students
- Second Year Tour based on Water sports theme – all day
- Wheelchair Basketball Tournament between students and teachers
- Visit from students from Cope whom will be hosted by a selection of Transition year students.
- Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Year students attended a talk from Caroline Crotty Psychotherapist and John Lonergan former governor of Mount Joy Prison.
- A talk was organised for Parents from on Issues relating to Parenting delivered by Caroline Crotty and John Lonergan
- Health & Fitness – Fun Gym Session for junior students
- Future is Food “ Food Fair “ hosted by Fourth Year students .All profits went to “Save Our Spire” Campaign
Coláiste Muire local history exhibition and Food Fair – Friday, May 19th 2017
Transition Year students complete Soccer coaching course
Congratulations to the twenty three TY students who have qualified as soccer coaches. The students completed their “Kickstart 1” certification following an intensive programme.
Evening talk for parents – Thursday 18th May
As part of our Health Promotion Week 2017, Coláiste Muire, Crosshaven will host a talk for parents of our students. The talk will be held in the Assembly Hall of Coláiste Muire on Thursday, 18th May at 7.00 p.m. The guest speakers are Psychotherapist Caroline Crotty and Ex-Governor of Mount Joy John Lonergan The theme of the evening is “The Challenges and Rewards of Parenting”. John and Caroline will focus on a number of important issues facing parents of children of all ages. The main points will include our relationship with modern technology and social media and the dangers to our children. They will also talk about the importance of good communication.
It promises to be a very enjoyable and informative evening.