Health Promotion week 2017
Health Promotion week took place in Coláiste Muire from Monday 15th to Friday 19th May. Here are some of the highlights
- First year students went on a fun walk
- Transition Year students attended a presentation themed” Your Health Your Choice” by the Maire Keating foundation. The key areas of the talk were giving up smoking, eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight, exercise, avoiding exposure to the sun and sunbeds, reducing alcohol consumption
- Healthy breakfasts in the morning for staff and students
- Beat the Blues talk for fifth year students dealing with issues relating to Good Mental Health
- Internet Safety Talk for all First Year and Second Year students
- Second Year Tour based on Water sports theme – all day
- Wheelchair Basketball Tournament between students and teachers
- Visit from students from Cope whom will be hosted by a selection of Transition year students.
- Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Year students attended a talk from Caroline Crotty Psychotherapist and John Lonergan former governor of Mount Joy Prison.
- A talk was organised for Parents from on Issues relating to Parenting delivered by Caroline Crotty and John Lonergan
- Health & Fitness – Fun Gym Session for junior students
- Future is Food “ Food Fair “ hosted by Fourth Year students .All profits went to “Save Our Spire” Campaign