Category: extra curicular
All Extra Curicular related posts
Science week in Coláiste Muire
Next week is Science Week. We are celebrating it with a range of activities.
On Monday all TY students will attend coding workshops in the school.
On Tuesday there will be a science treasure hunt for First Years.
Second Years will take part in a paper plane flying competition which will be held during science and PE classes throughout the week.
There will be science movies, factory visits and a science photography competition throughout the week which will involve most of the rest of the students.
Ukulele night in aid of the Hope Foundation
A great night guaranteed in support of Transition students, Grace Murphy and Shauna Duane in their fundraising efforts to go to Kolkatta (calcutta) to help and assist with the HOPE FOUNDATION
TICKETS on sale in Centra Crosshaven or call 085 850 1483
After-school programme for First Year students 2017/18
First year students have been participating in an After-school programme which combines extra-curricular activities with supervised study.
Teachers, with the assistance of Transition Year students have put the programme together. Over 50% of students have taken part in the programme so far. See the schedule and FAQs below.
|Session 1 (3.35-4.45)||Basketball (girls)||Film club||GAA (girls)||Yoga (mixed)|
|Soccer (boys)||Computers/Robotics||Basketball (boys)||Rugby (boys)|
|Supervised study||Supervised study||Supervised study||Supervised study|
|Session 2 (5.00 – 6.00)||Supervised study||Supervised study||Supervised study||Supervised study|
Health Promotion week 2017
Health Promotion week took place in Coláiste Muire from Monday 15th to Friday 19th May. Here are some of the highlights
- First year students went on a fun walk
- Transition Year students attended a presentation themed” Your Health Your Choice” by the Maire Keating foundation. The key areas of the talk were giving up smoking, eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight, exercise, avoiding exposure to the sun and sunbeds, reducing alcohol consumption
- Healthy breakfasts in the morning for staff and students
- Beat the Blues talk for fifth year students dealing with issues relating to Good Mental Health
- Internet Safety Talk for all First Year and Second Year students
- Second Year Tour based on Water sports theme – all day
- Wheelchair Basketball Tournament between students and teachers
- Visit from students from Cope whom will be hosted by a selection of Transition year students.
- Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Year students attended a talk from Caroline Crotty Psychotherapist and John Lonergan former governor of Mount Joy Prison.
- A talk was organised for Parents from on Issues relating to Parenting delivered by Caroline Crotty and John Lonergan
- Health & Fitness – Fun Gym Session for junior students
- Future is Food “ Food Fair “ hosted by Fourth Year students .All profits went to “Save Our Spire” Campaign
Coláiste Muire local history exhibition and Food Fair – Friday, May 19th 2017
Transition Year students complete Soccer coaching course
Congratulations to the twenty three TY students who have qualified as soccer coaches. The students completed their “Kickstart 1” certification following an intensive programme.